National health information data request review committee
The National Health Insurance Corporation operates a National health information data request review committee (the “committee”) to review and decide the following items for the provision and use of national health information data
- Approval on use of national health information data
- How to provide national health information data
- Changes such as prolongation of the approved duration of use
- Continuation of use of data if items change
- Deduction of fees and etc
- Objection request
- Other items the chairman request for review such as operation of committee and etc.
Composition of review committee
- The review committee is composed of members less than 11 including 1 chairman.
- The chairman is the chief of department which supervises the operation related to the sharing of national health information data.
- The member’s term is 1 year which can be extended
The member of the committee is the one of the following designated or appointed by the chairman of the board.
- Less than 5 persons appointed by the chairman out of those recommended by chiefs of each department of the National Health Insurance Corporation.
- Less than 5 persons recommended by relevant academic society, government organizations, civil organizations, and etc
- The chairman calls for the review committee at least twice each month.
- The review committee is opened by attendance of the majority of registered members and decided by approval of the majority of attendees.